Teachers! You can turn your students' work
into published books!
Making Literacy Fun:
Let us turn your students' in to Authors and Illustrator's!
We offer workshops for schools, where qualified teachers and a Language and Communication Consultant, will work with groups of students. We deliver Creative Writing and Art workshops where we engage students and help motivate and inspire even the most reluctant writers, through fun activities and dyslexia friendly strategies, that spark the imagination. We believe literacy and books, should be accessible for everyone and adopt a dyslexia friendly policy for our teaching and also the published books.
We will publish the work of the group into beautiful books, to keep forever. Each book will include your school logo design.
These workshops are beneficial as they are tailor-made to the theme the group requires.
Literacy requires good language skills, therefore there will be an emphasis on talking and discussion, prior to writing. In order to write the genre, you need to be able to talk the genre.
The workshop encompasses a range of skills using a variety of methods. We will -
· Encourage discussions in order to learn.
· Explain and present ideas.
· Demonstrate good listening skills.
· Encourage the use of repetition and rehearsal of spoken language prior to writing.
· Inspire the imagination.
· Plan, evaluate and support the structure of writing.
· Demonstrate fluent ideas.
· Practice handwriting skills.
· Make formal presentations.
· Use drawing to develop skills and imagination.
· Work collaboratively and share ideas.
· Use a range of formal elements to include, line, tone, texture, shape, colour and pattern.
· Learn about other artists and how to link them to own work.
· Assist the students to review and evaluate work .
· Discuss how they can improve/enhance their work in future.
Contact us at -